Our Social Responsibility – Creating Shared Value
We are dedicated to preserving the environment and landscape around us, monitoring the impact of our business and promoting awareness about sustainability among our stakeholders.
Towards our guests
We strive to offer our guests the best personalised accommodation & restaurant experience, in every way through the excellence of our best service.
We actively seek to generate prosperity and sustainable development in our community while respecting and promoting Swiss culture, traditions and values.
Towards the environment
Sustainability is our motto. We believe that our name carries a heavy heritage in protecting not only our glaciers but also our planet:
- Water: Tap water is fine to drink in Switzerland. We minimize the use of bottled water in rooms and restaurant.
- Heat exchange & wood heating: We are supplied by “Holzwärme Grindelwald”, a district wood heating plant, that uses waste wood from sawmills and construction sites. We also use a heat exchange system within the whole house to minimize our energy needs.
- Waste & packaging: Whenever possible, we avoid plastic waste in all areas, including toiletries, food services, etc. We also separate our disposables – paper, glass, plastic, metal, biodegradable, cardboard, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: We use eco-friendly cleaning products throughout the hotel and restaurant.
- Beds: We use the most comfortable beds made exclusively of natural fibers stacked in several layers (cotton, coconut fiber, natural rubber, seaweed, wood, lavender, etc.).
Towards our suppliers & partners
Sourcing local produce is not just for appearances, it is our passion. We strive to build lasting relationships based on trust, respect and mutual benefit. We use regional seasonal food and local suppliers for our restaurant and other food services.
Towards our employees
We strive to provide year-round jobs to all our staff. The quality of our hospitality would be hollow without our team’s dedication. We value our employees’ initiatives and nurture a culture of recognition in a flat structure, which enables us to move forward together as one cohesive team.
Sports is in my veins and my heart beats for good, healthy food. If you need to find me, I’ll most likely be in the kitchen. Try me on any topic, and I’m sure we’ll find engaging things to talk about.
I am a morning person with lots of energy. I can’t emphasise enough how much in love I am with this region. Just ask me!
I am your friendly canine host, though I won’t show up unless you ask for me. I am an avid licker and unstoppable frisbee player. I am also a multi-tasker and know all the trails around. My main goal is to make sure everyone is happy and at peace.
My Instagram woof!
It’s a great pleasure for me to live in this beautiful and powerful region.
I’m an active person with a fond knowledge about healthy living.
I came for the mountains and the lifestyle they offer.
Lots of nature, serenity and a happy family. Quality of life that also translates into my passion for cooking.
Jeden Tag zu tun was man mag und zu leben an einem Ort den man liebt gibt nur positive Energie.